Naval Ravikant is best known as an investor and entrepreneur from New Delhi, India, but has also become quite the accomplished interview guest. On this page, you’ll find some of his most popular quotes.
Best Quotes by Naval Ravikant
1. No one is going to value you more than you value yourself.
2. A happy, calm, and peaceful person will make better decisions. So if you want to operate at peak performance, you have to learn how to tame your mind.
3. Most of life is a search for who and what needs you the most.
4. All of the really successful people I know have a really strong action bias. They just do things.
5. We waste our time with short term thinking and busywork. Warren Buffett spends a year deciding and a day acting. That act lasts decades.
6. A busy calendar and a busy mind will destroy your ability to create anything great.
7. I don’t care how rich you are. I don’t care whether you’re a top Wall Street banker. If somebody has to tell you when to be at work, what to wear and how to behave, you’re not a free person. You’re not actually rich.
8. Guard your time. It’s all you have.
9. To the experts, what looks like hard work from the outside, is play from the inside.
10. You have one life. You’re dead for tens of billions of years, and you’re going to be dead for tens of billions of years.
11. You have to do hard things to create your own meaning in life.
12. Mentors won’t make you rich. Doctors won’t make you healthy. Nutritionists won’t make you slim. Teachers won’t make you smart. Gurus won’t make you calm. Trainers won’t make you fit. Ultimately, you have to take responsibility. Save yourself.
13. If you want to be successful, surround yourself with people who are more successful than you are. If you want to be happy, surround yourself with people who are less successful.
14. Happiness is a state where nothing is missing.
15. You’re better off following your genuine intellectual curiosity rather than chasing whatever is hot right now.
16. Today in society you get rewarded for creative work, for creating something brand new that society didn’t even know that it wanted that it doesn’t yet know how to get, other than through you.
17. The first rule of handling conflict is don’t hang around people who are constantly engaging in conflict.
18. My 50-year-old self is going to say chill out, relax, don’t stress so much, live in the moment. It will all be all right.
19. You do not want to compete, you want to be a market of one.
20. I learned how to make money because it was a necessity. After it stopped being a necessity, I stopped caring about it.
21. Only through suffering do you have change and self-improvement.
22. You realize just how precious life is and how it’s important to make sure that you enjoy yourself, you sleep well at night, you’re a good moral person, you’re generally happy, you take care of other people, you help out, but you can’t take it too seriously.
23. The greatest superpower is the ability to change yourself.
24. Large groups are no place for smart people.
25. True happiness comes out of peace. Peace comes out of many things, but it comes from fundamentally understanding yourself.
26. All real success is internal and has very little to do with external circumstances.
27. Earn with your mind, not your time.
28. Being a founder is brutally difficult. It takes a long time and in the long run, the people who succeed are just the ones who persevere.
29. When building habits, choose consistency over content. The best book is the one you can’t put down. The best exercise is the one you enjoy doing every day. The best health food is the one you find tasty. The best work is the work you’d do for free.
30. People spend too much time doing and not enough time thinking about what they should be doing.
31. Having a million-dollar net worth doesn’t make you a genius, and having less than a million-dollar net worth doesn’t make you a fool.
32. The best way to prepare for the future 20 years is find something you love to do, to have a shot at being one of the best people in the world at it. Build an independent brand around it, with your name, not a company’s name or other people’s names around it. Try to make a creative work, so you’ll stay interesting, stay ahead of the game.
33. As long as you can keep taking shots on goal, and you keep getting back up, eventually you’ll get through. Just stick at it.
34. By the time people realize that they have enough money, they’ve lost their time and their health.
35. If you look back at your life on your deathbed at all the interesting things you’ve done, they’re all going to be centered around the sacrifices you’ve made and the hard things that you did.
😃 Share This!