I’ve been a student of personal development for more than 10 years now, having read hundreds of books, bought numerous courses and been to a handful of conferences. This industry is certainly undervalued and can have a massive influence on our progress, both in business and in life.
Chances are that you’ve seen many self help quotes on social media. Some really motivate you and others let you ponder a different alternative in the world. Either way, I hope you can find some quotes that resonate with you on this epic list.
Best Quotes on Personal Development
1. Personal development is the belief that you are worth the effort, time, and energy needed to develop yourself.
2. Income seldom exceeds personal development.
3. There’s only one growth strategy: work hard.
4. Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. It will not only improve your life, it will improve the lives of all those around you.
5. Always do what you are afraid to do.
6. The best investment you can make is in yourself.
7. Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness.
8. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
9. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
10. The power of imagination makes us infinite.
11. What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.
12. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
13. With self-discipline most anything is possible.
14. Change equals self-improvement. Push yourself to places you haven’t been before.
15. Your job is to be the best that you can possibly be.
16. He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.
17. Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.
18. You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.
19. If you want to make a masterpiece, you have to be willing to create a little garbage along the way.
20. Every time we push personal development aside, we invite personal struggle into our lives.
21. The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.
22. Every moment of one’s existence, one is growing into more or retreating into less.
23. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.
24. Set a goal so big that you can’t achieve it until you grow into the person who can.
25. Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.
26. Growth is painful. Change is painful. But, nothing is as painful as staying stuck where you do not belong.
27. It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
28. If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don’t want.
29. I think personal growth has much to do with acting ability.
30. The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential…these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
31. We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.
32. Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.
33. The longest journey is the journey inward.
34. If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
35. Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong.
36. Personal development is a major time-saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals.
37. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
38. We can’t become what we want to be by remaining what we are.
39. It is never too late to be who you might have been.
40. You must have a level of discontent to feel the urge to want to grow.
41. An investment in your personal development is the best investment you can make.
42. The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
43. You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.
44. To double your income and success, triple your investment in personal development and professional mastery.
45. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
46. Without continuous personal development, you are now all that you will ever become.
47. I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
48. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
49. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
50. You are essentially who you create yourself to be and all that occurs in your life is the result of your own making.
51. Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
52. The swiftest way to triple your success is to double your investment in personal development.
53. Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.
54. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
55. The key to growth is acknowledging your fear of the unknown and jumping in anyway.
56. We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started.
57. Personal development – the never ending chance to improve not only yourself but also attract opportunities and affect others.