Humility is cultivated by spending time with others and remaining peaceful in the times of adversity. If you need some help in the present moment, then these quotes can be of great assistance.
Best Quotes About Genuine Humility
1. It’s about having the humility. It’s about not saying no. Even when you’ve made it. You’re never too big.
2. Humility will open more doors than arrogance ever will.
3. A great man is always willing to be little.
4. If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.
5. Humility is nothing but truth, and pride is nothing but lying.
6. There’s no need to show off when you know who you are.
7. Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.
8. Pride is the problem, humility is the answer.
9. There is a universal respect and even admiration for those who are humble and simple by nature, and who have absolute confidence in all human beings irrespective of their social status.
10. Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
11. Sometimes you have to lose something to gain something better. A door has to shut before a new door can open.
12. We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
13. There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
14. When we feel humiliated, the best reaction is humility.
15. Perfection is impossible without humility. Why should I strive for perfection, if I am already good enough?
16. Humility is absolutely necessary for true learning.
17. In humility is the greatest freedom. As long as you have to defend the imaginary self that you think is important, you lose your peace of heart.
18. Humility is the essence of love and intelligence; it is not an achievement.
19. The greatest friend of truth is time, her greatest enemy is prejudice, and her constant companion is humility.
20. The biggest challenge after success is shutting up about it.
21. Real genius is nothing else but the supernatural virtue of humility in the domain of thought.
22. Be humble in your confidence yet courageous in your character.
23. The world tells us to seek success, power and money; God tells us to seek humility, service and love.
24. I believe the first test of a truly great man is in his humility.
25. Humility, that low, sweet root, from which all heavenly virtues shoot.
26. Humility, gentleness, and helpfulness go so much further and open doors you cannot imagine.
27. Think good thoughts. Speak good words. Take good actions.
28. Humility, like the darkness, reveals the heavenly lights.
29. In reality, humility means nothing other than complete honesty about yourself.
30. We can choose to humble ourselves by conquering enmity toward our brothers and sisters, esteeming them as ourselves, and lifting them as high or higher than we are.
31. Humility, like darkness reveals the heavenly lights.
32. People search for certainty. But there is no certainty.
33. Some people would rather die in their pride, than live in their humility.
34. Pride must die in you, or nothing of heaven can live in you.
35. Humility is the greatest quality that a man can have, and arrogance is undoubtedly the worst.
36. The best of people is the one who humbles himself the more his rank increases.
37. It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know of wonder and humility.
38. Be humble, hungry and the hardest worker in the room.
39. Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues.
40. If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it’s possible that I’m a little too awesome.
41. If you’re not humble, life will visit humbleness upon you.
42. Even when it speaks, humility listens.
43. Confidence is important but ego is something false. Humility is the way to build confidence.
44. True humility is contentment.
45. You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.
46. Humility is a great quality of leadership which derives respect and not just fear or hatred.
47. These are the few ways we can practice humility: To speak as little as possible of one’s self. To mind one’s own business. Not to want to manage other people’s affairs. To avoid curiosity. To accept contradictions and correction cheerfully. To pass over the mistakes of others. To accept insults and injuries. To accept being slighted, forgotten and disliked. To be kind and gentle even under provocation. Never to stand on one’s dignity. To choose always the hardest.
48. Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.
49. In humility and honesty you’ll find pain, envy and fear but you’ll also find strength, beauty and truth.
50. Humility wins. Love conquers.
51. Those who are believed to be most abject and humble are usually the most ambitious and envious.
52. Learn to laugh at yourselves as one must laugh!
53. Realize that you are simultaneously everything and nothing – and decide what you want to be.
54. Humility must accompany all our actions, must be with us everywhere; for as soon as we glory in our good works they are of no further value to our advancement in virtue.
55. Someone who brags is a red flag.
56. You must be humble, but never “modest”
57. Mastery begins with humility.
😃 Share This!