Just about every knows of Alexander The Great and his stories were taught to many of us during high school. If you need an empowering quote for social media, then you’re in the right place!
Best Quotes by Alexander The Great
1. Remember, upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.
2. I do not steal victory.
3. There is nothing impossible to him who will try.
4. The end and object of conquest is to avoid doing the same thing as the conquered.
5. How great are the dangers I face to win a good name in Athens.
6. I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.
7. Are there no more worlds that I might conquer?
8. I am not afraid of an army of lions led by sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
9. I am dying from the treatment of too many physicians.
10. As for a limit to one’s labors, I, for one, do not recognize any for a high-minded man, except that the labors themselves should lead to noble accomplishments.
11. Remember, upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.
12. Are you still to learn that the end and perfection of our victories is to avoid the vices and infirmities of those whom we subdue?
13. Whatever possession we gain by our sword cannot be sure or lasting, but the love gained by kindness and moderation is certain and durable.
14. Through every generation of the human race there has been a constant war, a war with fear. Those who have the courage to conquer it are made free and those who are conquered by it are made to suffer until they have the courage to defeat it, or death takes them.
15. In the end, when it’s over, all that matters is what you’ve done.
16. “I had rather excel others in the knowledge of what is excellent, than in the extent of my power and dominion.
17. Who does not desire such a victory by which we shall join places in our Kingdom, so far divided by nature, and for which we shall set up trophies in another conquered world?
18. A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient.
19. When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never take back.
20. You shall, I question not, find a way to the top if you diligently seek for it; for nature hath placed nothing so high that is out of the reach of industry and valor.
21. I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, stays on earth.
22. Now you fear punishment and beg for your lives, so I will let you free, if not for any other reason so that you can see the difference between a Greek king and a barbarian tyrant, so do not expect to suffer any harm from me. A king does not kill messengers.
23. True love never has a happy ending, because there is no ending to true love.
24. For as a newborn babe cannot be nourished without the nurse’s milk, nor conducted to the approaches that lead to growth in life, so a city cannot thrive without fields and the fruits thereof pouring into its walls.
25. or my own part, I would rather excel knowledge of the highest secrets of philosophy than in arms.
26. Holy shadows of the dead, I am not to blame for your cruel and bitter fate, but the accursed rivalry which brought sister nations and brother people to fight one another. I do not feel happy for this victory of mine. On the contrary, I would be glad, brothers, if I had all of you standing here next to me, since we are united by the same language, the same blood and the same visions.
27. Bury my body and don’t build any monument. Keep my hands out so the people know the one who won the world had nothing in hand when he died.
28. How happy had it been for me had I been slain in the battle. It had been far more noble to have died the victim of the enemy than fall a sacrifice to the rage of my friends.
29. would rather live a short life of glory than a long one of obscurity.
30. Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.
31. With the right attitude, self-imposed limitations vanish.